lunes, 17 de diciembre de 2007

The Pit and the Pendulum (review)

Few days have passed since the last entry for this tale, and i have to admit that i am quite disaponited with the lack of response to it, but like said i'm writing my review.

Edgar Allan Poe is a poet, and within "The Pit and the Pendulum" we find magnificent poetry of obscure words telling the story of a man imprisioned by the Spanish Inquisition and his suffering. Whether there is physical suffering and pain, this is a story of mental anguish. A story so terrefing not just for the actual events,
but also for the way Poe describes the characters thought process and emotions that makes it so real to the reader, we can all identify with the way he relays the emotions and thoughts of his characters, they are real and thus our suspense and fear is felt.
I will not tell the end of the story but i can tell you that is so different to other Poe tales, but still is as wonderful as the others.

Hope the next one have better response, but like always: all i love i love alone.

12 comentarios:

TurboJuMP dijo...

¿También el ingles te lo tendré qué corregir? De perdida revisa lo que escribes <_<

Dissaor dijo...

a decir verdad no, porque yo hablo mas ingles que tu(por no decir que yo SI lo hablo) y ademas tienes que aclarar que lo que corrijes es la ortografia(acentos), no quieres darte el papel de editor

Dissaor dijo...

y aclaro antes de que alguien diga algo la falta de ortografia es intencional(debido a el comentario que estoy haciendo)

TurboJuMP dijo...

Jajaja, no na'más los acentos xD
La sacada de los trapitos al sol demuestra que yo tenía razón :) xD

Dissaor dijo...

jajajajaja (ya parece platica)

TurboJuMP dijo...

No sólo parece o_O :P

Anónimo dijo...

jejeje
como no se nadita de ingles
y como es mas facil que se me pegue un chicle masticado por un oso a que se me pegue el ingles, mejor no comento nada sobre el escrito xD.
Jorge no seas tan alegativo amor!!!.
Ya callate jorge (baba)
jajajaj.

Ok.
Cuidate Damaris y que estes de lo mejor va?

Ok.Bye
Besines

Dissaor dijo...

soy Oscar

Anónimo dijo...

aaaa!!!!!
mil disculpas Oscar!!!!
es que me confundi
yo estaba segura que eras tu
pero luego me nortie horrores
jejeje
xD


Ok
CUidate
Besines

Anónimo dijo...

Sorry for taking so long, but I was busy, and I still have loads to do, but here I am taking a break.
The Pit and the Pendulum is definitely mi favorite tale, and also is one of the scariest i have ever read. and Oscar sorry for the bad response to your suggestion, but you have to remember that we live in a wolrd controled by ignorance and the media.

By the way I just love the way you quote "Alone", you should do that one next.

Take care
Kisses
I miss you...

Dissaor dijo...

I kinda miss you too.

VeinsOfGlass dijo...

Hey Oscar, guess what? After all I have already read “The Pit And The Pendulum” I re-read it anyway to refresh my memory. What I love the most about the Poe’s stories I’ve read is that they are narrated as if the character is telling the story himself to you which gives you the opportunity to identify yourself even more with all of the emotions involved, which in my opinion is what it makes Poe’s tales scary in the first place. The begging for some reason remained me of “The Trial” of Kafka and the whole idea of the pit and the pendulum remained a little of Kafka’s “In the Penal Colony”; but it could be just the fact that lately I’ve been thinking a lot about Kafka.

P.S. By the way Emily, I don't think it was such a bad idea of oscar to write in english because is the entry with the most replies